Welcome to the graduate programs in Civil and Environmental Engineering at Duke University's Pratt School of Engineering. We offer PhD, master of science and master of engineering degrees. The goal of our graduate program is to emphasize independent thinking and creativity, a broad interdisciplinary approach, and the use of the most recent developments in science and engineering.
Why Choose Duke CEE?
Our students work in a supportive, close-knit community and have ample opportunities to:
- Publish with their faculty adviser
- Present research at professional conferences
- Work in a highly collaborative, cross-disciplinary environment
- Make significant contributions to their field
- Participate in PhD Plus, an innovative professional development program. (Read why CEE PhD candidate Sarah Diringer thinks PhD Plus is a great advantage.)
- Receive awards and financial rewards for excellence
Although the focus of your graduate education will be on academics, the value of opportunities beyond your topic of study is also important. Our graduate students regularly participate in athletic, social, entrepreneurship, religious, and community service activities sponsored by organizations within and outside the university. In short, the Triangle region of North Carolina is a great place to live, work and play.
See more reasons why you should choose Duke.
You might want to:
|Compare degree programs
Apply to the program that fits your career goals.
|Learn details for applicants
How to apply, meet our students, PhD Placements, and more.
|Meet Our Faculty
Research areas, publications and contact information.
|Explore CEE courses
Course titles, descriptions and numbers.