Wilkins Aquino obtained a BSCE from Purdue Engineering in 1994. He holds a MS and a PhD in Civil Engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He worked as a consulting engineer in the Engineering Mechanics and Infrastructure Division of Simpson, Gumpertz, and Heger, Inc. in Waltham, Massachussets for one year before joining the faculty at Cornell University in 2003. He has broad interests in computational mechanics, including computational inverse problems and their applications in engineering and biomedicine, chemo-mechanics, machine learning in mechanics, multiscale problems, fluid-structure interaction, acoustics-structure interaction, and generalized finite element methods, among others. He is also a member of the fields of Applied Mathematics, Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, and Computational Science and Engineering at Cornell University.
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5401
- Email Address:
|PhD||University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign||2002|
|MS||University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign||1999|
Computational mechanics, including computational inverse problems and their applications in engineering and biomedicine, chemo-mechanics, machine learning in mechanics, multiscale problems, fluid-structure interaction, acoustics-structure interaction, and generalized finite element methods.
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- CAREER Award, National Science Foundation, 2007
- Daniel M. Lazar '29 Excellence in Teaching Award, 2008
- CEE 421L.001 - MATRIX STRUCT ANALYSIS
- CEE 421L.01L - MATRIX STRUCT ANALYSIS
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Brigham, John C. and Aquino, Wilkins and Aguilo, Miguel A. and Diamessis, Peter J., A spectral finite element approach to modeling soft solids excited with high-frequency harmonic loads, COMPUTER METHODS IN APPLIED MECHANICS AND ENGINEERING, vol 200 no. 5-8 (2011), pp. 692--698 [doi] [abs].
- Urban, Matthew W. and Alizad, Azra and Aquino, Wilkins and Greenleaf, James F. and Fatemi, Mostafa, A Review of Vibro-acoustography and its Applications in Medicine, CURRENT MEDICAL IMAGING REVIEWS, vol 7 no. 4 (2011), pp. 350--359 [abs].
- Bernal, Miguel and Urban, Matthew W. and Rosario, Daniel and Aquino, Wilkins and Greenleaf, James F., Measurement of biaxial mechanical properties of soft tubes and arteries using piezoelectric elements and sonometry, PHYSICS IN MEDICINE AND BIOLOGY, vol 56 no. 11 (2011), pp. 3371--3386 [doi] [abs].
- Sarkar, Swarnavo and Aquino, Wilkins, Electroneutrality and ionic interactions in the modeling of mass transport in dilute electrochemical systems, ELECTROCHIMICA ACTA, vol 56 no. 24 (2011), pp. 8969--8978 [doi] [abs].
- Aguilo, Miguel A. and Aquino, Wilkins and Brigham, John C. and Fatemi, Mostafa, An Inverse Problem Approach for Elasticity Imaging through Vibroacoustics (vol 29, pg 1012, 2010), IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON MEDICAL IMAGING, vol 29 no. 6 (2010), pp. 1331--1331 [doi].