Natural and man-made systems with coupled phenomena. Environmental Geomechanics, Geotechnical and Geo-environmental Engineering, Mechanics of Multiphase Porous Materials.
- Email Address:
- Web Page:
Natural and man-made systems with coupled phenomena. Environmental Geomechanics, Geotechnical and Geo-environmental Engineering, Mechanics of Multiphase Porous Materials. Area of activities at Duke University: Thermo-mechanical behavior of soils, soil desiccation and shrinkage.
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Mattsson, Nina and Steinmann, Gilbert and Laloui, Lyesse, Advanced Compact Device for the In-situ Determination of Geothermal Characteristics of Soils, Energy and Buildings, vol 40 (2008), pp. 1344--1352 [abs].
- Laloui, Lyesse and Cekerevac, Cane, Numerical simulation of the non-isothermal mechanical behaviour of soils, Computers and Geotechnics, vol In press (2008) [abs].
- Nuth, M. and Laloui, L., Effective Stress Concept in Unsaturated Soils :Clarification and Validation of an Unified Framework., Int. Journ. of Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics., vol 32 (2008), pp. 771--801 [abs].
- Sanavia, Lorenzo and François, Bertrand and Bortolotto, R. and Luison, L. and Laloui, Lyesse, Finite element modelling of thermo-elasto-plastic water saturated porous materials, Journal of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, vol 38 (2008), pp. 7--24 [abs].
- Salager, Simon and Francois, Bertrand and El Youssoufi, Said and Laloui, Lyesse and Saix, Christian, Experimental Investigations of Temperature and Suction Effects on the Mechanical Behaviour of a Sandy Silt, SOILS AND FOUNDATIONS, vol 48 no. 4 (2008) [abs].