To assist the department, we have enlisted the resources of scientists and engineers involved in research and engineering practice to serve on our Departmental Advisory Board. Board members come from consulting firms, research laboratories, and faculty members from other institutions. The members of the Board provide an external perspective on our educational practices and offer valuable opinions and ideas on how to improve them.
Our current advisory board comprises:
- Mark Bishop, P.E., Vice President, Hazen and Sawyer, P.C., Raleigh, North Carolina
- Matthys Levy, P.E., Principal, Weidlinger Associates, New York, New York
- Ray Plaut, Ph.D., Professor, The Charles Edward Via, Jr. Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia
- Chris Squires, P.E., Senior Vice President - Principal, Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc., Cary, North Carolina
- John McAdams, P.E., Principal, The John R. McAdams Company, Inc., Research Triangle Park, North Carlolina
- Barbara Mulkey, P.E., President and CEO, Mulkey Engineers and Consultants, Raleigh, North Carolina